On a journey of a few hours, it's general to get asleep, indulge yourself into reading, watching movies on your laptop, etc. Nothing wrong with that. But what if during this you miss the station you supposed get down at? Don't believe me, see Who missed the station and how (Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated to any commercial brand shown in this content nor I have any copy-writes.) And Nobody wants to get into that situation. This is where Geo Alarm comes to help.
This application is to add another meaning to the word Alarm. Traditionally, alarms are associated with and triggered by time variable. Geo Alarm will be now using another variable and that is location of the device and the speed at which the device is moving.
Key Features: Application will facilitate following actions:
- Show the current location.
- Add one or more location points to set the alarm for.
- Allow to add time interval to alert before the destination reaches.
- Show map of the route and location points(s).
- Show approximate distance and time to reach to the destination.
- Allow to set ringtone and related sound controls for alarm
- Languages: XAML, C#
- Frameworks: MvvmLight, Bing Maps
- Windows 8 Features: Touch, GPS, Accelerometer sensors, Snapping, Notifications, Live Tiles.