Prepare to defend your media library!
BeatInvaders is a game about space invaders, music, lights, lasers and explosions! After installation, it crawls through your media library and give's you the chance to hunt down all those little alien infections. Play through your beloved songs and archive power-ups, achievements and, if you want, share your highscore with other players!
They key features of the game:
- Game will be 2D Topdown, the spaceship can move inside the screen boundaries and heads to pointer position (desktop, touch position on touch devices)
- Play through your favorite tracks in single-track mode, shuffled mode and survival mode
- Asteroids, various enemies and end-bosses will spawn and interact to your music through the beats per minute and frequency
- Play LAN with friends
- Skillshot system
- Get achievements by beating highscores and getting skillshots
- Submit your highscore to a global database and share with friends
- You can submit your suggestions and maybe, they are added on our feature list!
Have a look at our second app, PaperCraft
We are a team of three people from germany, berlin & kassel:
- Mirko Freudenstein: Graphics and Sound
- Manuel Herrmann: Website, Server
- Denis Germ: Game Programming
Release Dates: November.: Beta Demo, Release: December, 6.
For more information and updates feel free to visit BeatInvaders.net or take a look (and a like ;) ?) on facebook.com/beatinvadersgame
Please note, that the sprites of spaceships build as 3d models, so we will show you those too - but in game, there are no 3d models, only sprites ;)
- Rendering via SharpDX, DirectX11
- Plays audio stream from server, shows stars and other graphical stuff based on FFT (Fast Fourier Transformation) of the audio signal
- Game is fully controlled and calculated by the server
- Server reads and sends the audio stream to clients
- FFT used for sound analysis
- FFT analysis / amplitude, frequencies and bpm controlling spawn rate, power-ups, speed etc.
Account / Server
Highscores and achievements are submitted and saved in your account on our main server.