Listen to audiobooks on a fast, easy-to-use Windows 8 application. You'll have access to an expanding multilingual collection that contains over 6000 free audiobooks categorized by genre and language.
- Search audiobooks
- Download and play audiobooks
- Stream audiobooks without download
- Share audiobooks with other applications
- Pin audiobooks to the start screen
- Listen to audiobooks while the application is in the background
- Use system media controls to control the audio playback
- Get information about the currently played audiobook via Live tile
Audiobooks 8 is a C#/XAML based Windows Store application that uses the MVVM design pattern. All CPU intensive functions were implemented as asynchronous tasks to increase user experience. The application features streaming support which allows the user to listen to an audiobook without download. The default MediaElement didn't support this functionality so I used the Media Player Framework by Microsoft Media Platform which is a professional open source media player. My application collects data about the user's favorite books using a Windows Azure Mobil Service.
- Most popular audiobooks category
- Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Twitter single sing-on
- Rate audiobooks
- Write and read reviews on audiobooks
Furthermore, I plan to extend the audiobook collection.