HaxPad Programmers' Editor
Code on RT!
Ever wish you could take that lovely new Surface RT of yours out and get some software written? Well, now you can.
HaxPad is a single file programmers' editor for Windows RT and Windows 8.
- Highlighting for more than 50 languages
- Tag completion for HTML and XML
- Both normal and regular expression search/replace, at the screen top, out of your way
- Hot highlight matching, no commands needed, makes it extremely easy to dig through other people's bad code
- Live hot highlighting of unbalanced DOM
- Nested highlighters. Got embedded HTML, JS, CSS, CoffeeScript, and XSLT in your PHP? You're covered. They'll highlight the way they ought to, not all as one mass of the wrong single language.
- Editor backgrounding so that you come back from a reboot where you already were
- Works in snap and snap-fill! Work alongside your browser, your compiler, your console, whatever.
- Word wrap. Don't pretend you aren't angry that that other editor forgot to implement it.
- Color themes, because really, prgorammers need more stuff to argue about.
And what languages, you ask, does it support?
But we've also got Apache Velocity templates, diffs, ECL, Google Go, Groovy, Haxe, Jinja 2, LESS, Common Lisp, Lua, Github Flavored Markdown, OCaml, properties files, R, RDF, RDF N-Triples, RDF Sparql, reStructuredText_, Rust, Scheme, shell, Sieve filters, Smalltalk, Smarty, the MySQL and Postgres dialects of SQL, TeX / LaTeX / sTeX (no rendering, just highlighting,) VBScript, WikiText in Tiki and Tiddlywiki flavors, XQuery, and YAML.
... the C# highlighter could use some work. :)
But, seriously. Now that you have that keyboard, get something done with it. HaxPad can get you started.
A product of Long Hair Software.
Windows 8 Features
- Extensive use of settings charm
- Specialty selections work correctly with touch and pen
- Suspend and resume hooks
- Hot save-state during backgrounding
- Embraced the Windows 8 Modern UI for things that are usually popups
- Context-adaptive menus
- Ready for international text
- Internationalized UI (more languages to come)
- In-app purchases through store